Thursday, May 19, 2011

ARE U SERIOUS


Even though this is totally not related to anything, I have to get this off my chest. I love my job, I really do but I am at a point where I feel like I am not going anywhere there is no room for promotion, and the enviroment can be a bit challenging. If you have ever seen the movie Office Space, you will understand where I am at. We have 5 bosses, We have MS who is the president/co owner of the company,  RS who is the Vice President of the company/marketing/my boss and he is also the brother of MS. RA who is over the Refrigeration dept. SH who is in charge of the cooking depart and JS who is the Vice president of Operations/warranty supervisor and in general a big pain in the butt to say the least.

Ok well SH has a son who works in the cooking department who is just as bad as SH, well SH has a habit of being very demeaning and tends to insult and make fun of people on a regular basis, it has gotten to the point where I dread the days when he is in the office. I have been called a bad mother on numerous occasions (mind you this guy does not know me outside of work) he makes fun of people when they make an honest mistake, he does not forget any mistake ever made and if he makes a mistake it is always someone elses fault. He is rude and inconsiderate and honestly I am finding it harder and harder to handle his remarks, I know I know I should say something right, well guess what I have and it did nothing except piss him off more. Everyones standpoint on him is that he is VERY good at what he does therefore we just need to get used to him and grow tough skin.
I guess that I am not used to that kind of behavior I mean, what gives him the right to talk to me that way, to tell me that I am a bad person because I had the stomach flu and called in sick (I don’t call in all that often-unless the little one is sick) so now he Has been walking around pretending to cough saying “im sick”  indicating that I was not really sick yesterday, yet I was able to provide a doctors note to my boss. I guess maybe I am over reacting a little but it gets old after a while.

Oh and another thing, the language around this place OH MY it is horrid, I hear so many things on a daily basis, for example about 30 seconds ago the guy in the next office says while on the phone with someone, “is the rumor true, joe got fired for screwing the bosses wife?”  I mean really is that information that the whole world really needs to know. 

Okay I am done venting for now, but I am still very irritated today and really cant wait for the day to end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment